Welcome to the North Somerset Black & Minority Ethnic Network.
We are a Charity Organisation that has been running for more than thirteen years. Although we are based in Weston-super-Mare we cover, support and promote BME Communities in all North Somerset. Through these years we have had the opportunity to develop projects with different statutory and non-statutory organisations such as North Somerset Council, NHS, Citizens Advice North Somerset, VANS, and Bristol Law Centre to support and give a voice to the BME Community. We have been supported by Quartet Community Foundation and South West Foundation, with whom we developed successfully two different projects to help our members to go back to work.
Here are some of our main Aims:
- Promote social, education and economic inclusion
- Promote equality of opportunity
- Promote good race relations between people of different racial groups
- Commitment to equality
- Promote integration & cohesion
- Disseminate information
- Signpost and refer BME people to essential services
- Combat isolation
- Celebrate and share different cultures